Jan 21, 2012

Garbage Sack!

Billy and Blake

I have been thinking about these two a lot lately. Maybe because they will be seniors next year and the very thought makes me ball my eyes out! So happy and proud, but hard to process at times. Its a weird feeling and you will experience it too....mark my words and be prepared! I think to myself "did i soak up, enjoy, and take advantage of every opportunity?" Dont do that! You will kill yourself:)! Im trying to make sure I take those moments and be present for them....regardless of other things i have going on, or have on my mind, or other stressors and doubt I may have.... so I know that he got the best of me..... However crappy that is to start with:) Ha! Not saying i do everytime, because having and communicating with a teenager is like carrying around a garbage sack everywhere you go. We carry their burdens, we worry, we try to keep up, try to listen, offer whatever advice you can (at the right time of course)....You just wanna dump the sack..... Its already full! But you gotta sift through the trash and pull out those valuable items that may have been hidden. Deciding what those are and when to pull them out is difficult. Sometimes it makes a mess! But each time you do, your sack gets a little lighter and now you have that teenager throwing out the trash on their own. Also, If anyone else asks you to help carry something, you can say, "sorry, got this sack..." :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment