Jan 28, 2012

Chase is 12!

It's different when your second child turns 12. The first time you are thinking, "He is so old! One more year and he will be 13...a TEEN!" Now, Chase has arrived and I still think he is younger than he really is because Blake is the "old one." But, I can see the sense of humor get richer, the attitude thicker, and the independence initiated. But, one of the things that pulls on my heartstrings is his moving away from "little brother" and "little boys." He is making that separation, it's subtle, but I notice. He and Blake used to be the buddies....running around in their underwear showing off their muscles. Then Blake got too old (he still shows off his muscles though:) and Coop and Chase have been the buddies...still running around in their underwear. They still do things like WWE fight night, ninja, pillow jumping, and stair sledding. We are always hearing gut laughing, pounding, slapping, bouncing, crying and smashing coming from their general direction. They are brothers and have a love/hate relationship, but I sense Chase pulling away from the "littleness."

Here are my two, cute "little" boys.....We had a date at Wingers, Chases favorite place. I can't wait to take him to Buffalo Wild Wings, it just opened:)

No comments:

Post a Comment