May 8, 2011

Mom

Day 7.....Someone you're missing
I know Im not following the exact order of postings. I have a hard time with conformity and it's Mother's Day so this one fits. Mom's are incomparable people. I miss my Mom so much that it almost makes me feel hopeless because there is nobody who loves me like my mom does. Even with all my family, great friends, and own children, sometimes l feel so lonely without her. It breaks my heart even more knowing that my boys won't get to experience life with her. I guess they get a good piece of her through me because I find myself doing and saying things that she did. It's funny because now, as a mom, I can totally see what she meant, where she was coming from, and why she did the things she did. It's helpful because I know how it felt as a kid so now I know I can relate to my boys. You know how when you're little (and actually up until she died I felt the same way) you think their life revolves around you......your life is their life and there is no separation? Well, now I know....it's not true. It just goes to show that moms have a special way of making you feel that vital. Not saying that my life doesn't revolve heavily around the boys, but as parents we DO have our own life and they will someday be off becoming the people they need to be as well. Quite the conundrum..???
Speaking of their own life....I told the boys that the way you treat your Mom is a good indication on how you will treat your wife. So, if you want someone worth any salt (Cooper-"why salt?"), you better know how to work for it. Blake got up this morning and got me the new Starbucks coconut frappuccino and a redbox movie. The little boys helped Dad make an awesome dinner.....Steak, baked potato, fresh veggie salad, grilled shrimp and lobster tail. For dessert, peanut butter cream pie:) And, they all cleaned up! Only Curt can come out on Mother's Day smelling like roses...the boys were like, "Dad this is soooo good, you are the best!" I can't win...he's too good. Cooper made me the cutest picture and card. It said, "most of I love is your presheashin to me" He's right, I DO appreciate him! Im a lucky Mom, blessed with 3 spirited boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment