Jun 25, 2012

Just Coop

Curt and I got to hang with Cooper...just Coop...for 4 days. It was interesting to say the least. Cooper was not himself without his brothers here. It was weird. He was beside himself. Curt and I remembered what it was like when we only had Blake. Good times. So the Coopster took us out to dinner...really, he paid. He was so cute about it. A few day's earlier he threatened me and said, "Im not going to buy you lunch if..." Silly, silly Cooper...I own you! He went to work with Dad one day and LOVED it. He and I got to spend some time by the pool together. Our conversation was priceless, as most conversations with the boy are. We talked about our best day ever, our favorite day of the week, marriage (true story), our favorite time...Coop said his was when we went to Vegas! Oh Crumb! It actually WAS a lot of fun and we can't wait to go at the end of July. We swam and then got some coconut African ice:) Cooper asked why it's called African ice when he doubts there's a lot of ice in Africa. He has a valid point.

This made me think how important it is to spend time and know each one of our boys for who they are as an individual...as well as part of the family. We lump the boys together a lot thinking, "that's what we did for his brothers," or "we should do this for the boys," or "if your brother did it, so should you..." It's all good, but they definitely come with their own wants, needs, and disposition.



I'm happy for the moments I get to spend with each one of my boys and recognize what makes them who they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment