Aug 22, 2011

My boys.....with ME!

In my attempts to "simplify" things in my life (it's amazing where you can make cutbacks...:), I have decided to bring the boys to school with me! I love our neighborhood school and the teachers. Chase was selected "Student of the Year" from his entire school last year. So proud. But, I can't keep up with the boys, me, Curt and Blakes different school schedules. I felt like I wasn't involved, I didn't know what was going on, or how they were keeping up, and could never make it to their school functions. It was so awesome seeing them throughout the first day of school today. They both have amazing teachers. I've taught with Michelle for 3 years and it will be fun to have Chase in 6th grade with me. Nancy, Coop's teacher, takes classes with Michelle and I. She makes sure we have healthy/yummy treats for class and always looks out for us. I told her, "I won't believe everything he says, if you don't".....Ha! Seriously, he comes up with the craziest things.
There are downsides......I no longer have that 25 minute drive before and after school by myself. I truly loved that down time to listen to my music and clear my head. Also, managing them in my classroom after school will be a pain. Although, it's a great time for them to read or get homework done, so we will work on a good routine. I also have school Wednesday nights so I'll have to get them home somehow. Whatevs, I get to be with my boys at school....I'm a happy momma.


2 comments:

  1. Very good choice! I love getting hugs from Ev in the middle of the day. I actually think he is proud to have me as a Mom when he lets me KISS him on the head in front of everyone at lunch. Good luck with after school because that's full of drama for me. This year I get to leave 10 min. after the bell! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this helps make things easier for you! I think teaching one of your own children is such a cool thing! Not many people get the opportunity to do that! Enjoy it!! Sarah LOVED her first day! It's going to be a great year!!

    ReplyDelete