Aug 26, 2012

Hard to Believe...

It is hard to believe..... while looking back that we have been together for almost 20 years. Married 17....that's half my life at this point. One would never go into a marriage thinking, "this probably won't last long, but it works for now." However, I have a hard time comprehending how it all actually plays out. People do a lot of changing and growing in that time and I am grateful we have grown and changed together.

I was talking with someone awhile back and they said, “that’s pretty impressive” At the time, my head was shaking like, “yup” but I was thinking, "eh whatever, what would you know?" Referring to the fact that marriage isn’t easy and just because two people are married, it doesn’t mean that it’s perfect. I may still believe that to an extent, but I am convicted by the belief that it’s never going to be perfect and how you choose to live with those imperfections and keep yourself, as well as each other,in tact is the real testament. I am grateful for my husbands tenacity to show patience, love, understanding and humility in order to overcome those times of despair. I don't know anyone who loves me as much as he does to do those things that are necessary for us to live as a family. He sacrifices a lot and instead of simply "surviving it" he truly looks to fulfillment and quality of life for me and the boys. For that, I am blessed.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers....Sundance
I'm happy for the moments that Curt and I take to hang with eachother...

No comments:

Post a Comment