May 17, 2011

Oh, the Times!

Day 14...someone you've been through the most with
Curtis has been with me through most of the major events in my life...babies, college, jobs, moves, homes, relationships, personal endeavors, faith, you name it! And starting off the way we did, outlook wasn't hopeful. We have changed and grown in different ways, all the while trying to have an "us." Sure, we both resent each other for reasons we can't even pinpoint and parts of us may have been sacrificed, but it's bound to happen when you share life's decisions. I used to say, "we just got lucky, situations such as ours usually don't turn out favorable." But now that I think about it, we both had to work really hard for it, and still do. It's not luck, it's (as Curt had put it) tenacity, patience, tolerance, partnership, and trust. Any one of those can be jeopardized at any given time. Funny thing about that is, I can never be trusted. Everytime I think, "wow, I really screwed up," Curt has believed in me and had the stay power to learn and do what it takes. And trust me, we do A LOT of learning. So, I guess you could say things happen just as they are supposed to...good and bad. I wouldn't regret a thing. Ive shared great space with Curt.
This about sums it up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment