May 29, 2011

I can do better!

Day 22 ~Something you wish you were better at.......
Hmmm, let me get my list out. It's a funny question because you have to be able to actually do something before you can be better at it....right? First thing that comes to mind.....I wish I could sing. People remind me all the time that I don't know how! Kristen and I sing "real nice" when Ami is around. We seem to have this harmony that just works;) Ha! Ami can sing, play the piano, compose/read music...blah blah blah, and she hates it when we sing.
Second, I wish I were better at being patient. How can I learn the art of patience quickly? Im way more patient when it comes to certain things. For example, I can be super patient when it comes to my kids and them growing up. But, waiting on someone else to do something, like go through a checkout line with their coupon BINDER.......not so much. Or, trying to get through the grocery store isle with a lady and her 4 kids, each with their own cart because she's attempting to give her kids "choices" and take ownership in their families decisions...Lame! Serious, this conversation happened....Mom sais, "Can we get these crackers?" Kids simultaneously respond in whiney voices, "No, I want cookies!" "Why can't we get cheetos?" "I want this one!" Mom trying to gain approval, "Please, sweatie? Mommy wants you guys to have this kind, is that ok?" WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE? Can you tell my annoyance is still fresh:) Meanwhile this is my conversation with Cooper... "Coop, do you want Wheat Thins or Trisciuts?" (still choices btw) Coop, "I want pringles." Me, "OK, neither then"... as I put both back and tell him that his cheese/crackers snack for the ball games just became a cheese snack. He keeps walking and mumbles, "dang it."

No comments:

Post a Comment