Apr 23, 2011

Brothers...

Today is Coops birthday. I experienced a moment this morning that, as a Mom, is unsurpassed. I first hear Chase go into Coopers room and say, "Give me a hug Coop, Happy Birthday! You're 7 dude!." Then while Cooper is getting his baseball clothes on, Blake laid on his floor and said, "Cooper, I remember when you were born, buddy...." and continued to tell him the story. Just their voices, conversation, and unfeigned appreciation for each other brought tears to my eyes. I don't know if you realize, but this is a tender moment for me because usually all I hear is "stop hitting me in the nuts jerkface!" or "you're such a baby, you never have to do anything around here!" and "Why did you do that you little freak!" Not to mention the flying baseballs in the house, constant wrestling, and bright red, welted backs. So, the serenity of the situation is truly significant:) I actually can appreciate the latter because THEY ARE BOYS and I love having them. Lately, I have been noticing what a different world it is with girls. Between the drama from the girls in my classroom to friends' girls and my nieces....it's crazy! It is comforting to know that no matter what, these guys are brothers and will always have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment